Originally Posted by Professor Maple
Some mechanics I have thought of
1. A painter based champion who paints red, blue, yellow auras on the map. Overlapping them can yield green, purple, and orange more powerful aoes.
2. On an initiator, an ability that can knock down terrain for a time, allowing for surprise teamfights
3. A pirate yordle support with a telescope (line cv) and something like X marks the spot from dota as his ultimate.
4. A vampiric old lady who gets young and beautiful as she gets more powerful
5. A robot whos abilities do something different based on the previous spell cast. E after Q will be different from E after W. His ultimate could reset his non ultimate cooldowns.
1. That's a cool theme for an area control champ and a nice intuitive way of showing that the effects combine into something different when used together.
2. We don't have destructible terrain tech at present, as discussed previously we can get the same sort of play out of bridge spells though.
3. Like the thin line of sight = telescope thematic, that's simple and elegant.
4. Agree that champs whose appearance changes as they level up would be neat (will ask around as to whether we've got the tech for this).
5. We do spend a fair it of time trying various combo kits, some work out (Brand) some go back to the drawing board.